“Mama Beka” Headed Back to Africa
“A year ago, I was saying goodbye to the wonderful family I had come to know and love at Kwathu Children’s Home in Livingstone, Zambia. I will never forget having to hold back tears as a little girl grabbed me and begged me not to leave. Now, in just a few weeks I will be saying “hello again” to live life with these sweet children, for an entire year.
I have been overwhelmed by the love and support of my family, friends, and church family. From fundraisers, gifts, to lots of love and prayers. I am so thankful for everyone who has helped make this possible. ♥ As I am waiting for my permit to be approved, I have to remind myself that God’s timing is better than mine. I know His timing will be so much more than I could imagine… it will be worth the wait.
In the waiting, here is how you can be praying for me:
- Pray for the gift of monthly financial support.
- If 7 people pledge $100 a month, I will have everything I need for the entire year
- Pray that my employment permit will be approved quickly and without any hiccups
- Pray for the continued provision of finance and supplies for my year commitment to Kwathu Children’s Home
- Pray that God would continue to open my heart and mind to His teachings of willingness and obedience
I would like to collect 365 letters, a letter of encouragement or a scripture for every day during my time in Zambia. Would you consider writing a letter, or sharing a scripture, giving it to me, sealed, before July 15th?
I am so thankful for all the prayers and support so far… so much love.”
If you feel God leading you to make a one-time donation, or pledge monthly towards Rebekah’s ministry efforts in Zambia, you can give online here: gracekleincommunity.com/donate
Or, check donations can be mailed to: Grace Klein Community, 1678 Montgomery Hwy #104, Birmingham, AL 35216. Please indicate “Rebekah Lowrey” in the memo line.
If you would like to send a letter of encouragement or scripture to Rebekah during the year, email email@example.com.