Our Firm Baby Steps
On June 16, 2016, we celebrated South African Youth Day, commemorating the struggles and triumphs young people of South Africa experienced.
Watch the video of the Beats and Books kids performing by clicking HERE.
* Youth Day, as it is popularly known, is a day in which South Africans honor the youth that were ambushed, where over 500 youth were killed, by the apartheid regime police in Soweto on June 16, 1976.
Song played such a great role in pushing youth forward, encouraging boldness as they marched against persecution. They sang songs of redemption from the iron fist of the apartheid regime.
I, Cornelius, was reminded of some struggles, small to the Lord, yet “had” potential to discourage us from the work God has called us to do. Where there are victories to be shared, who wants to dwell on the opposing force? We have so much to be thankful for. We prayed and longed for local involvement. Here are some of our victories:
- The Worship Team is forming slowly, but surely.
- YWAM, Jeffrey’s Bay, has been so helpful sending volunteers from Los Angeles, Amsterdam, and Sydney. We’re thankful for the strengthening of our partnership.
- For the first time we received a donation solely mandated towards administration. What a huge blessing!
- We are sending our first student from Beats and Books to Global Leadership Academy next year. We are beyond excited, and have tears of joy.
- Two of our young members are tired of us not having sufficient space for the Beats and Books ministry, and decided to commence a fundraiser towards the purchase of a more suitable location. Together, with one of the girl’s mom, they started baking and cooking goodies to sell.
Who are we that He is mindful of us?
“When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas. O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!” – Psalm 8:3-9
Top – Beats and Books Worship Team performing at the Youth Day Celebration at the main beach in Jeffrey’s Bay, South Africa.
Bottom – Our zealous local family who started fundraising. Zipho in the middle has been accepted into Global Leadership Academy.
Please continue to pray for us. If you feel led to contribute financially, please share a one-time or monthly donation to help us on a personal level. Checks can be mailed to Grace Klein Community, 1678 Montgomery Hwy #104, Birmingham, AL 35216 OR donate online HERE. Please write “Ngosa’s” on the memo line.