At Kwathu, Christmas season is a time of sharing God’s love and appreciating one another. Our children get busy and spend most of their time drawing, coloring and writing out Christmas cards to all our friends, sponsors and partners. The children enjoyed writing letters back to our dear friends “Horizon church” in United States. The children were delighted to have received such lovely letters from their friends.
On November 16, 2015, one of Zambia’s musicians, popularly known as Shyman Shaizo, visited the home with his two friends. During their visit, they toured the premises, had a brief meeting with the Kwathu Directors, Mr. & Mrs. Phiri, and later spent time encouraging the children. Knowing that some of our children hope to become musicians someday in future really inspired them, and we thank him for sparing time, out of his busy schedule, to visit the children.
As Christmas is getting close, people are getting excited and stressful preparing feasts, buying Christmas gifts, and more. Why not think of sharing this Christmas with somebody you don’t know? This Christmas, we decided to reach out to our community around us and identify families who are struggling. We plan to feed about 80 children living around our property, whom our children will serve, entertain and worship with. God has opened a door for us to minister around our community, but to do so, we need to feed them first. The feeding program is not just for Christmas, but an ongoing event, as long as God provides. We have seen children around our property, who are living in poverty and, in need of a little help. We provide clean water to them but we also realize that they need more than just clean water. So many children around us don’t go to school. They don’t have a proper meal, or clothing, to mention a few.
What will Jesus do? What will you do? How can you help?
We need to raise K.1, 500 = US$ 215. This amount includes the following:
- Maize meal Jumping Castle
- Rice Corn puffs
- Cooking oil Soup
- Cabbage Salt
- Chicken Soap
- Juice Charcoal
- Candy E.T.C
“God alone can save a nation. When God chooses to work in a nation, He always does it through the individual choices of people”. – Mary Farrar
Please stand with us in pray as we help feed and save children in need around our community.
Sophie and Josephine, our visiting volunteers from Sweden, have really been of great help. Sophie has continued helping with reading tutorials with the children who need to improve on their reading skills, and she really enjoys playing with the little ones. Josephine has been spending time teaching guitar and keyboard to the children, and the children are progressing very well, and enjoy learning. In addition, Emil, also a volunteer from Sweden, has been of great help. He loves sharing God’s word with the children.
God has been faithful to us this year. The foundation of the administration block was laid in January of this year, and it’s currently being roofed. It has proved to be one of the quickest structures being built at our plot. The first one took 4 years to complete which was tiresome. Thanks to Natalie who has tirelessly been an advocate for Kwathu Children’s Home in the USA. She and our faithful partners, Grace Klein Community, have been working hard to raise funding needed for our building projects. Please pray for more open doors and God’s favor as they plan and make appointments for speaking arrangements, to continue creating further awareness about the children’s home.
The following has been accomplished:
- Laying of 9 inch interlocking blocks
- Fitting of 10 window frames
- Fitting of 9 Door frames
- Pouring concrete mixture for the Ring Beam
- Outside walls plastering
- Fitting conduits for electrical wiring
- Setting truces for the roof
- Laying iron sheets
The following is what is remaining:
- Inside wall plastering
- Electrical wiring and fittings
- Plumbing and sewer lines
- Flooring and tiling
- Fitting Doors
- Fitting glass panes
- Painting and finishing
- Office furniture
Please continue praying with us:
- Pray with us for financial resources to help us accomplish our current building project, which is our administration block.
- Continue praying for Natalie’s Visa in the USA. It is very important for us if she can stay longer and continue being the hands and feet of Kwathu Children’s Home.
- Pray for the Feeding Program God has laid upon our hearts to feed vulnerable children around us
- Continue praying for courage, faith, wisdom and love that we may accomplish the goals we set for Kwathu and that the children can live, grow and mature in Gods daily goodness and loving kindness.
- Pray for our weakened Zambian economy. The poor are feeling the pinch and it’s hard for us to budget for the home as commodity prices increase every day.
- Pray with us for stability for our incoming children, current children and for the ministry in general, even as we start planning for next year 2016.
We thank you all for your continued love and support towards Kwathu Children’s Home and may the Lord continue to bless you!
“And whosoever shall receive one such little child in my name, receives me.” – Matthew 18:5
If you feel God leading you to contribute to the ministry efforts of Kwathu Children’s Home, check donations can be mailed to Grace Klein Community, 1678 Montgomery Hwy #104, Birmingham, AL 35216 OR donate online through Paypal. Please indicate “Kwathu” in the memo line.