God’s Plans are Bigger Than Ours
“The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” – Proverbs 16:9
When a Grace Klein Community team walked the barren property of Kwathu Children’s Home years before ground had been broken, we could not have anticipated all that Father God had on His heart for the home, the children, the staff, the volunteers and the surrounding community.
Look what the Lord has done in at Kwathu Children’s Home in Livingstone, Zambia over the past three years.
- The first children’s home on the property has been completed, now home to 20 beautiful children.
- The administration building has been completed, providing office space for the Directors and staff, as well as storage for tangible donations.
- An additional well (borehole) was placed on the property. There are now two wells on the property providing unlimited access to clean water.
- A volunteer/staff house has been built on the property, providing accommodation for visiting volunteers/staff.
- Kwathu Free Haven School opened its doors on January 2017, to 185 students.
- Kwathu Children’s Home has branched out to love on the community around them through a weekly feeding program, every Monday thru Friday. The community mamas and children are ministered to through sharing of the word, song and dance activities lined up during the program. The community children are also given an opportunity to play and have fun at the children’s play park at Kwathu Children’s Home.
- Kwathu Children’s Home hosts a weekly art program where community children come to showcase their skills in painting and drawing. Roughly 25 children attend the program every Friday. The children really enjoy participating in this activity and don’t want to miss a day. Kwathu uses visual Christian Arts to reach out and explain the word of God to the children.
- Kwathu Children’s Home invested in Highlands Creative Academy School, assisting in the revamp, to keep the school open. Currently 50 students attend the school, and Kwathu will be sending 16 children to Highlands Creative Academy through school sponsorship.
- Kwathu Children’s Home began a tailoring program to grow the talents of the mamas – a dream come true for many years.
- Kwathu Children’s Home purchased two vans for administration use and transporting children to and from school daily
- Two Grace Klein Community teams have served onsite through short term mission trips
- One Grace Klein Community member traveled to Kwathu Children’s Home to serve onsite, full time, for 1 year, starting August 15, 2017
You gotta check out THIS VIDEO to get a visual of what God is doing.
Thank you to all who continue to invest in the lives of the children at Kwathu, the surrounding community, the staff and the volunteers. All their efforts are only possible because of your love, support, prayer… and first and foremost, Father God.
If you feel God leading you to contribute towards the children’s future, $100 a month provides a child with a good Christian education, food, clothing, and health care in a loving, stable and safe home environment.
Online donations: https://gracekleincommunity.com/kwathuhome/
Check donations can be mailed to: Grace Klein Community, 1678 Montgomery Hwy #104, Birmingham, AL 35216. Please include “Kwathu Home” in the memo line.